Impacts of RJ in campus communities:
- Focus on wellness
Conflicts and acts of harm can affect people’s mental and physical health.
- Conflict Management and Harm Reduction
Conflicts that are not addressed quickly can spiral and cause deep and lasting divisions in living spaces. RJ models offer remedies at every stage of a conflict or harm event
- Increased inclusivity in decision-making
When voices in a group are marginalized or excluded, individuals and the group itself all suffer. Restorative practices ensure that all voices are heard and recognized.
Benefits of our program for Student Leaders:
- Development of skills in RP and RJ that are immediately applicable in personal lives and improve community relationships.
- Opportunity to act as peacebuilders and peacemakers within their communities and across communities.
- Chance to engage and develop relationships with Bay Area leaders of the national RJ movement.
- Attainment of “soft skills” and research skills that can lead to careers in a growing RJ field and many fields.