National Conference on Community and Restorative Justice
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, June 16-18
- Downtown Oakland
- NACRJ (National Association of Community and Restorative Justice)
- For more information click here
Using a Culturally Responsive Lens to Build Community
- August 3 and 4, 9 am to 4 pm
- facilitators: people working in Oakland schools and the surrounding area will share their experitise and experiences
What folks are saying about RJ Center trainings:
You captivated all of us and made it quite comfortable to sit in our vulnerability…
I think I learned more in the first two hours than at any course I have taken.
I learned about the importance of honest communication. Our age and pace has changed so much about communication thanks to technology and social media. This practice forces us to interact on very (literally) face to face levels and that has become the rarity in a lot of cases. This reminds me to take the time needed to send the correct message and to better understand others.
The entire training was infused with opportunities to experience circle practice and to rehearse it in meaningful ways. I have *never* been to a training that did such a good job of “teach by doing.